K-TISC Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the way that this website collects and handles personal and non-personal information. Personal data includes information that is particular to you such as street address, telephone number, and e-mail address (although for this website you should have provided only your business contact details). Non-personal information includes tracking the site pages that you visit or the amount of time you spend on our site. This is collected as non-personal information, which means that we do not track these items on an individual basis that identifies you, but rather accumulate this info on an aggregate basis that includes all site visitors.
This Privacy Statement will also tell you how you can verify the accuracy of your personal information submitted to us through this website and how you can request that we delete or update your personal information. This Privacy Statement describes the measures in place to ensure that your information is secure.
What information is collected?
We ask you to provide only your company related information on the registration form and the data is stored in a secure encrypted form in our computer database. This information includes such data as your name, company, company address, and business e-mail address. We also ask you to nominate a user name and password to identify yourself on the website.
Why we use this information:
- To ensure that users are actual service technicians (or interested visitors looking at free information).
- To communicate with you if necessary about the use of the website or materials.
Your e-mail address is used for the following purposes:
- Replying in response to an e-mail from you.
- To help you reset your password.
- Sending you confirmation of your subscription.
- Reminding you that your subscription will expire shortly.
- Sending you information about the website and answering your enquiries about it.
When you buy a subscription to the website, your payment card details are not stored by us in any form. Subscribers are redirected to the Global IRIS website where the transaction is processed. Global IRIS is the HSBC Merchant payment system.
How to access or correct your information
This website has a page that displays the registered details of your user profile. Once you are logged on you are able to go to this page and update the information held in the database.
Other information collected during your visit to our website
Whenever you browse this website, read pages, or download information, we automatically record the information detailed below about your visit from the computer you use to access our site. This information does not identify you personally, it just tells us how many people visit our website and the types of computers used. With this information we can improve our site for all our visitors and make it more useful to you.
The recorded information includes the following:
- The date, time and duration of a visit to our website.
- How many and which pages you visit during a visit to our website.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be your internet service provider such as www.aol.com or your place of work e.g. www.kawasaki.co.uk) and the 'IP' address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access our website.
- The Internet browser you use (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox) and your computer's operating system (e.g. Windows 7).
- The site you were on before you linked to this Kawasaki website (e.g. Yahoo, if you found us using a search engine).
A cookie is a line of text and numbers that is created by our website and stored on your computer when you visit our site. The cookie does not collect or contain personal information about you and poses no security or virus risk to your computer.
Cookies can be used to associate your computer with the information that you gave us when you first opened this session and therefore helps the site to perform faster with your specific computer.
For this website to operate correctly users must accept all cookies.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describes the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for.
Cookie Name: JSESSIONID
|Description:||Standard session tracking cookie used for user authentication and to maintain information about the user's current session. For example, which vehicle they have in session, which documents are applicable to their current state and what the user last searched for. Due to technical restrictions this cookie may have already been set. If you do not consent then you can either delete this cookie manually or it will be automatically deleted when you close your browser.|
|Expiration:||End of session (when you close your browser).|
Cookie Name: LOCALE
|Description:||Stores the users preferred language and localisation. This is used to display the site in correct translation.|
Cookie Name: COUNTRY
|Description:||Stores the users preferred country (ISO-3166-1-alpha-2 code). This value is used primarily to determine which market a user resides in. Therefore can impact the selection of documents displayed.|
Cookie Name: COOKIE_CONSENT
Cookie Name: AWSALB, AWSALBCORS
|Description:||Identifies the server that serves requests for the duration of your session. This allows us to efficiently distribute users' sessions across multiple servers whilst ensuring that all requests for a session are served by the same server. Without this cookie, you would be logged out of K-TISC between requests. The cookie does not store any personal information.|
|Expiration:||End of session (when you close your browser).|
Use of Pixel Tags (Clear Gifs)
Our website uses Pixel Tags to optimize the screen layout. They are not used to obtain user specific information. A Pixel Tag can collect information such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the pixel tag appears, the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed, the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag, and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, we may use 'format sensing' technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
Session logs - What they are and how we use them
When you visit any website, the server housing the pages automatically generates a 'session log'. These logs provide the site owners with information about the pages you visit or information you request. The only data gathered is the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you came, the website that referred you (if any), the pages you visited and the date and time of those visits. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine if the information we're providing is being used.
How we use the information we collect
Personally identifiable information collected on the Kawasaki K-TISC website may be used to:
- Fulfil and deliver an order for goods or services such as a service publication subscription.
- Respond to your comments or requests for information.
- To make the user experience more customer friendly.
- Contact you if necessary in the course of processing or shipping an order for products or services.
- Generate site analytics that improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services.
Non-Personally identifiable information collected on the Kawasaki K-TISC website may be used to:
- Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features.
- Measure website activity to allow us to update our site to better meet user wants and needs.
The Kawasaki K-TISC website utilizes session log data and your personal and non-personal data for the purpose of performing analytics on the users' experience while visiting this site. This analysis:
- Is performed on an aggregate level and does not identify you or your information personally.
- Involves the use of a third party vendor acting on behalf of the Kawasaki K-TISC website.
- Is performed in order to improve our website and the user experience.
- May include the use of session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement across this and other Kawasaki websites or to track other events within or across this and other Kawasaki websites.
- Any information that is provided to the third party vendor is to be used only for the purpose of performing the analytics and compiling reports of the data. The third party vendor is restricted from using this data in any other way other than to provide these services to Kawasaki and they may not share or resell this data.
Sharing your information
The Kawasaki K-TISC website does not sell, rent, share or otherwise provide any of your personally identifiable information to anyone other than for site analytics as described above and to process your payment transaction.
Site metrics for the Kawasaki K-TISC website may be shared with other Kawasaki websites or subsidiaries or affiliates. The information shared will be aggregate data and will not include any of your personally identifiable information.
Access to and control over the use of your information
If you have submitted personal information to the Kawasaki K-TISC website, or if someone else has submitted your personal information to the Kawasaki K-TISC website, or if we have collected personally identifiable information on you through the Kawasaki K-TISC website in some other fashion, you can access this information by logging into the site and choosing 'update profile' in the menu. You may also correct or update your information there.
If you wish to delete your personal details from the K-TISC website entirely please email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org, informing us of your registered user name and email address.
The scope of access is only for information stored in the database that holds the data for the Kawasaki K-TISC website. Any personal information that has been collected from you on other company websites will not be accessible or changeable through this website.
Security of your information
Safeguarding information of visitors to our website is important to us. When you send personal information such as credit card numbers or telephone numbers to the Kawasaki K-TISC website, we use "Secure Socket Layers" or SSL to protect your data. SSL is encryption technology that helps safeguard your personal information against misuse by unauthorized individuals.
Links to other sites
The Kawasaki K-TISC website provides links to other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of those sites so that you can understand how they collect, use and share your information. The Kawasaki K-TISC website is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content or data-handling practices of other websites.
If you have any questions or comments concerning this Privacy Statement or have any questions regarding the contents of this website, please contact email@example.com. We will respond to your questions and comments via e-mail.
This Privacy Statement has been drawn up in the English language. In case of discrepancies between the English text version of this Privacy Statement and any translation, the English version shall prevail.